Identify Your Mobile Security Risk
Mobile penetration testing will identify any vulnerabilities within the mobile infrastructure of your business. A Mobile device assessment can be performed to an agreed scope to test your company’s mobile security position and provide recommendations for how to better secure the broad range of mobile devices in use. The service is available for windows, iOS, and android platform.
- A dedicated industry certified collaborative team with experience and expertise produces the highest quality of work.
- Focused more into manual testing over automated testing to avoid false positives.
- We assure you high quality testing on time and every time.
Get complete insight into your network security risk – Know more about Arridae’s Mobile Penetration Testing
Why Is Mobile Penetration Testing Necessary?
To prevent future attacks there is a need to identify the attacking behaviors of hackers. Nowadays, mobile applications are handling huge amounts of consumer data therefore the companies cannot be completely sure whether hackers will or will not hack into their mobile apps, attack their backend systems, and steal consumer data.
By having knowledge of flaws in the source code, attack vectors, bottlenecks and security holes before rolling out the mobile app, helps the developers to change the architecture, the design and the code of the application in order to meet the security standards.
The behavior of the application at the endpoint also needs to assessed such as:
- Application interaction with storage, certificates and personal data,
- Security of the communication between the mobile application, its backend systems, and the web service.
Through Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration testing, flaws in the code can be identified and risks in the application are categorized into low, medium and high. Mitigation for each risk is provided during this process.
During penetration testing, our security engineers use sophisticated tools and advanced knowledge of IT to guess the behavior of an attacker who penetrates the client’s environment to gain information and/or access higher permissions without proper authorization and also simulate remote attacks and physical penetration of a data center.
Benefits of Mobile Pen Testing
- An inclusive view of the strengths and weaknesses in your mobile environment.
- Insights into the worst-case scenario if an attacker were to effectively break into your mobile application.
- Heightened protection of data and sensitive information against attainment and alteration by malware, viruses and active human attacks.
- Allowing you to assess the security of new mobile technologies prior to distribution.
- Protect application data from hackers
- Prevent application data from other ill-behaving apps
- Protect application data if the device is stolen
- Induce confidence in customer
Penetration testing is carried out in various phases to ensure clear planning and delivery model.
- Scoping: Once we receive the initial order, we identify the organizations mobile devices that are to be tested. We further break our scope into specific operating systems.
- Information Gathering, Planning and Analysis: We gather as much as information as we can about the target organization in order to understand the operating condition of the organization, which allow us to assess the mobile device security risk accurately.
- Vulnerability Detection: we will run automated vulnerability scan, then we will perform manual identification of vulnerabilities such as insecure storage, stolen device risk, mobile malware attacks, and both authenticated/unauthenticated app users
- Attack(s)/Privilege Escalation: After discovering all the vulnerabilities, we then try to exploit those vulnerabilities and try to escalate our privileges as well.
- False Positive Analysis: We will then analyse the results to remove any false positive.
- Post Assessment: Once exploitation is done, the value of the compromised mobile device is determined by the value of the data stored in it and how an attacker may make use of it for malicious purposes.
- Reporting: After gathering all the assessment data, we analyse the data and provide you with a complete easy to understand report containing criticality level, risk, technical and business impact. In addition, we provide a detailed remediation strategy for each discovered vulnerability.
- Quality Assurance: All assessments go through a number of technical and editorial quality assurance phase.
- Presentation: The final phase in mobile device penetration testing will be a presentation of all documentation to you. We will walk you through the information provided, make any updates needed, and address questions regarding the assessment output. Following this activity, we’ll schedule any formal retesting, if applicable.
- Our expertise covers all aspect of security and perform it in accordance to the most updated security frameworks like OWASP, NIST SP 800 115, OSSTMM, PTES, WASC and ZCTF.
- Our approach is based on the advanced manual test to ensure no false positives.
The outcome of Mobile penetration testing will include an executive summary and a technical finding report. The executive summary includes overview of assessment activities, scope, most critical issues discovered, overall risk scoring and organizational security strengths. The technical findings report will include a detailed description of all the vulnerabilities along with steps to recreate the issue, understand the risk, recommended remediation actions, and helpful reference links.
Our security engineers will walk the client through the information provided, make any updates needed, and address questions regarding the technical findings report. Following the submission of the initial report, we’ll provide new revisions of documentation and schedule any formal retesting, if applicable.